Fireplace Mantel Design Ideas
We gave an out-dated fireplace a mantel make-over for Angie’s List and we’d LOVE your vote. Check out our Fireplace Mantel Design Ideas:
Check out our step by step process here,
starting with design decisions and finishing off with how we accessorize.
- We couldn’t have done without help from our favorite sponsors
You can vote every day!
Some Quick-Tips for Your Fireplace Makeover
- The accessories are an often overlooked element of a fireplace makeover
- The fireplace is often the focal point of a room so treat it that way! – Start with the fireplace and work outward. When done correctly, the fireplace can be a ‘wow’ vignette moment in your home.
- Consider painting the brick – darker bricks can look dated, especially indoors.
- Here we used a reclaimed wood plant for the mantle for a boho California Cool look
- Add a mirror with a little shine or an exciting piece of art above the mantle
- We didn’t add a screen here, but an attractive fireplace screen could be a great additional accessory.
- There are also so many creative ways to contain a wood supple next to your fireplace. We love the options fro West Elm or World Market.
- A fireplace makeover is often overlooked, but can be a fairly easy and inexpensive way to update your home.
Voting Ends May 20!
Thanks everyone for checking out our Fireplace Mantel Design Ideas!